Thursday 1 September 2011

Thursday

This morning was horrendous, which was VERY puzzling as Little Prince had been given his medication. I was nearly in tears most of the morning, especially when Mr Messy and Drama Teen went out to OUR shop and were out for well over an hour. I couldn't believe Little Prince's wildness, how could he be like this when his medicine had been working so well?!?!

I took Little Prince upstairs with me for a chat, and to separate him from Princess Lollipop (they were winding each other up so much!). During our chat, Little Prince admitted he had spat out his medicine this morning, which to be honest was a huge relief. I explained that it could be dangerous for Little Prince to do that, as I would then tell his Paediatrician that the medicine wasn't working and he would prescribe stronger tablets, which could be dangerous as Little Prince wouldn't actually need them!! He seemed to take all this in, and was very upset that he'd been so silly! At least I know that his medicine DOES still work and can stop panicking!!

As Little Prince hadn't fully calmed down I took Princess Lollipop to Tiny School on my own. As we pulled up she started to say she "needed Mummy" and she was still saying this as I left her! The staff do a very brisk (but caring) handover and I left Princess Lollipop, listening to her saying she "needed Mummy" and getting higher and higher. It seemed a long two hours before I could pick her up!! I think this "easing in" is as much for me as it is for Princess Lollipop!! When I did pick her up she did a very short sob in my arms, and then jumped down and said she didn't want to come home yet! She then marched off back into the house with her arms firmly crossed, saying she just had to finish something lol. I managed to persuade her to come home, and she was much happier chatting away about what she'd done, and very excited that she will be having lunch at Tiny School tomorrow :-)

We then had to wait for Drama Teen's Doctor's appointment to finish, she has been suffering from very similar symptoms to Mr Messy and is getting worried that she has pneumonia too. Luckily the doctor said she "just" has a viral infection and should drink lots of water to help her recover, I'm so relieved that I haven't got two seriously ill ones.

Princess Lollipop demanded that Little Prince go outside and play on the trampoline with her, so they are both out there playing nicely (for now!). I have been left in charge of Peach (Little Prince's favourite doll) and have had to give her, her milk, sandwich and get her to sleep for her nap! Little Prince treats Peach as an extra family member and is now getting quite stroppy that Princess Lollipop is being loud in the lounge and might wake Peach up!!

1 comment:

Whatshername's Mummy said...

4 months! C'mon where's your new year's resolution? Xxx


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006