Sunday 1 January 2012

Happy New Year

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack :-)

I've been pestered by a number of people (you KNOW who you are!!!) to start blogging again, so I'm trying :-) I can't promise how often this will happen but I will try to post more regularly :-)

Anyway I'm not going to try and catch up on the last few months!! Mr Messy has been ill with pneumonia (and has also developed pretty severe asthma), which the doctor says is unlikely to improve much until Spring and the weather gets warmer. He has been struggling and hasn't been able to be as supportive as he normally is, and its been hard work. However, we are getting through and looking forward to Spring :-)

We had a quiet Christmas. Just us and all five kids (I'm counting Mr LMS now too). So it wasn't quiet really, it was noisy chaos and it was LOVELY :-) It was SO QUIET in the evening when Mr and Mrs LMS had gone home, Drama Teen was in her room and the littlies were in bed!!

Todays happenings consisted of visiting family in the Ancestral Homeland. It was lovely to see my parents, Baby Sis and her baby daughter and briefly Lil Sis and her family. We were going to visit Mr Messy's Mum but she was on her way out, so we'll visit again soon to catch up with her too.

And to round off this New Year post I'd better let you know what my New Year's Resolution is - I'm going to try and think positively and count my blessings. I'm going to keep a note of something positive for each day of the year - and today's positive was seeing my Mum and Dad and my two lovely sisters and all their lovely children :-)

No comments:


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006