Sunday 18 November 2012

Today was one of THOSE days!

One of those days where I think I should have just given up and gone straight back to bed!!

I decided that I needed to get Little Prince's bedroom sorted out.  While Princess Lollipop, and then I had been ill I hadn't been reminding him to put everything away, and despite him having a HUGE tidy up the other day it was still a mess.  The most frustrating thing about getting the room put right, was the number of times I had to ask and explain what I wanted done, it is so tiring to keep having to say the same thing over and over again.  I know that Little Prince is more distractable during the weekends when he doesn't take his medication, and I try to be understanding but it doesn't stop it being frustrating that he can get "lost" in the few steps between his bedroom and the laundry basket!  Or that telling him to pick up things from under/behind somewhere takes so long as he stops to play with each and every item!  We eventually got the place looking much better and even if not everything was put away, all the dirty washing had made its way to the laundry baskets ready for me to blitz it all.

Things didn't get any easier when we got downstairs, both Littlies seemed to loudly want totally different things from me at the exact same time, and neither one was prepared to wait their turn.  Again I know Princess Lollipop is still getting over her recent illness, and that Little Prince is just starting to come down with the same thing, but its still frustrating...

When my computer decided to add to the frustrations by running slower than ever when I was trying to find an address I should have realised that it wasn't my day!!  After much hammering on the keyboard and muttered swearing under my breath, I eventually got the details I needed and was able to post the letters on the way to dropping Little Prince off at a friend's party.  Princess Lollipop threw a strop (shouting "I am sulking" and storming off to the car) when she realised she wasn't invited to the party and spent most of the afternoon telling me "... but I'm STILL sulking"  We visited Mr Messy and LMS at OUR Shop for a few minutes before heading off to "Hots" (McDonalds) for lunch.

It should have been a quick and easy treat for Princess Lollipop to distract her from the fact that she wasn't at the party, but no, not today it wasn't!!  The nearest McDonalds happens to be right next door to the local football stadium, and there was a match on!  We drove into the carpark, all the way round and back out again - there was nowhere to park at all.  So I decided to nip to the Toy Shop across the road to see if I could find a couple of black Shelly (Barbie's little sister) dolls.  We have a few left from when they were Drama Teen's favourite dolls, but no black ones and they are the perfect size to go in LMS's old dolls house that we are going to wrap up for Princess Lollipop for Christmas.  Princess Lollipop was delighted to be given a book (Christmas advertising catalogue lol) and didn't pester for anything else while we trundled up and down the aisles looking for Shellys - there were none anywhere!!  So much for that idea!!

The McDonalds looked even busier than before, and Princess Lollipop wouldn't compromise on where she wanted to eat, so I drove to the other side of town to the other Macs.  We had a trainee server and everyone else in the huge queues got served while we were still waiting - fast food, what a joke!!  Princess Lollipop took forever to barely eat anything and it was getting to the point where we would have to rush all the way back to pick Little Prince up, and I was getting more and more irate trying to persuade her to at least finish her fruit!!

We finally left and got caught up in more traffic going to the football match, and there was no way to avoid driving past the stadium!  Princess Lollipop sat in the back of the car, imperiously demanding to know why we were driving so slowly!  Once past the football grounds we managed to pick up a bit of speed before we got caught behind a really slow driver, and on the narrow country lanes there was nowhere to overtake for ages!!  They finally turned off and I thought we might make it back to pick Little Prince up on time, when we ground to a total halt as some horses had escaped from a field and were running around on the road.  Do you see what I mean about it not being my day yet?!?!

There were plenty of other parents only just arriving to collect their children from the party when we arrived, so we weren't last to arrive, phew!  Little Prince ended up going to his friend C's house to play from the party, which left me with a very upset Princess Lollipop to take home.  She wasn't great company and didn't want to be distracted from her sulks until Little Prince returned.  Then as soon as he did arrive home they started arguing and falling out, urgh!!

I let them watch a DVD while eating tea, Princess Lollipop chose the cartoon "Clone Wars" and Little Prince sulked because he didn't want to watch that one!!  Normally its him that chooses a Star Wars DVD and Princess Lollipop that kicks up a fuss!!

Bedtime couldn't have come soon enough, and my head was banging and my ears were ringing by the time they were both asleep.  Hope tomorrow is easier...

No comments:


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006