Tuesday 7 September 2010

First Day of School

Today was Little Prince's first day back at school, and his first day in the Juniors. He spent most of yesterday telling us how terrified he was feeling, whilst also being really excited about seeing his friends again. He will have the same teacher he has had for the last two years, the four teachers have shuffled around classes, and one of the main reasons was so that Little Prince could carry on having the same teacher he was used to :-) I know it isn't the only reason, but I really appreciate the care and thoughtfulness from his teacher and the school :-) I have been emailing with his teacher, letting her know how Little Prince is (or more accurately isn't!!) behaving, forewarned is forearmed and all that!! She has also let me know that she has a family situation that could mean she has to take time off suddenly, so that I can prepare Little Prince and help him cope, if possible!

I've just had a phone call from the Educational Psychologist who is coming to see me at home on Thursday, to update his information about Little Prince, as part of the assessment to see if he needs a Statement of Special Educational Needs.

My mobile hairdresser has just been and trimmed my hair, so now I can see past my shaggy dog fringe!! I feel so much better now, having my hair in my eyes gives me a headache and makes me feel all scruffy, so now my headache has gone and I feel a lot smarter :-)
I've washed all the bedding from Little Prince's old toddler bed, as someone from Freecycle is coming to collect it in an hour or so. He doesn't cope very well with changes and has refused to move into a big bed, but he is so tall he really doesn't fit in the toddler bed any more, not surprising really as he is 7 1/2!! He knows the bed and bedding are going, and is very upset, so its probably best that they go while he is at school and tonight he and Mr Messy can finish the last bits on his new slide bed. Hopefully he will sleep well and not just mess about up and down the slide all night!!!

No comments:


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006