Monday 11 October 2010

Dramatic Sunday Evening!!

Me and Mr Messy went down to the shop after we'd got Little Prince settled in bed. Drama Teen stayed at home to look after Princess Lollipop who doesn't go to sleep until later. We delivered some more things that I thought I'd need and were just checking round to see if everything was in order for when me and Princess Lollipop started work the next morning. I was just pottering around making sure I knew where everything was, when Mr Messy's phone rang. It was Drama Teen she asked if we could come straight home as Little Prince had just been sick all over his bed and his bedroom floor!! We dropped everything, jumped into the car and raced home. When we got there Little Prince was sat on the sofa snuggled in a blanket and seemed none the worse for wear! He announced that we had to be careful going to his room as the way in was totally blocked by puke!! Yuk! I went upstairs and found that he wasn't joking!!! The kitchen roll and disinfectant spray I'd taken upstairs wouldn't be much use, I shouted down to Mr Messy to bring up the mop and bucket!! He had to search round the garden for the bucket, Little Prince must have had it out there to play with!!

Finally we got the bedroom cleaned up and Little Prince settled on his sofa bed, to give his bed a chance to air off. We'd only been downstairs for a few minutes when Little Prince reappeared - he'd been sick again!! It wasn't quite so dramatic this time and I only needed to remove the throw from the sofabed and get him settled back to sleep again, fingers crossed it lasts all night this time!!

After all this excitement me and Mr Messy were exhausted!! We settled down to watch our nightly episode of Criminal Minds. As it ended I remembered that I needed Mr Messy's help to pin up the hem of my new trousers, so that I could shorten them!! He helped me sort them out to the right length and get them pinned (I wish I had longer legs and didn't have to mess like this!!) and then he went to bed while I stayed downstairs to sew the hems. It took me ages to hand sew them, as it was really difficult to see what I was doing (I much prefer sewing in daylight!!) and they are bootleg cut, so it was a long way round!! I finally got them done and went off to bed myself. I found poor Mr Messy still fully dressed lay on the bed hugging Princess Lollipop, apparently everytime he got her back to sleep and tried to get ready for bed she would wake up again! I managed to get her back over into her cot and Mr Messy finally got ready for bed and to get some sleep. He has an even earlier start in the morning, as he is back at his regular job over two hours drive away!! Then again after the mega busy week he's just had, he'll probably enjoy being back in work for the rest!!!

No comments:


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006