Friday, 15 October 2010

Thursday Evening

Mr Messy arrived back at OUR shop not long before Princess Lollipop woke up, she was really pleased "Daddy BACK" :-) I finished at my normal 3pm so that I could go and collect Little Prince from school, and Mr Messy went off to his Dentist appointment. He had decided to go back to OUR shop afterwards and stay there till 5pm so that he had some peace and quiet to get some work done.

Little Prince was as high as a kite when I picked him up from school, he was counting down the minutes until the School Disco that evening! He asked me what time it was constantly and was very worried about being late!! He got Princess Lollipop all hyped up too and I couldn't get them to settle back down, so I just gave them a snacky tea. Mr Messy took Drama Teen to her singing lesson and I helped Little Prince get ready for his Disco, he and Drama Teen chose his trendy outfit and he couldn't wait to set off. By the time we set off for the 6.45pm start I was truly ready for a break from the constant pestering about was it time to go yet!! I dropped Little Prince off and had a word with the teachers on duty, one of which was his own class teacher. He has only been to one other School Disco and sobbed the whole time he was there and refused to get off my knee, but also refused to go home!! So I asked her to keep a very close eye on him and to ring me if there were any problems, including the fact that Little Prince was bouncing off the walls with excitement and could get overly silly!! She assured me that she and the other staff members would keep a close watch over him and told me not to worry!! Ha!! Worry is my middle name!!!

Drama Teen and Mr Messy rang not long after I got back home, to say they were both starving and had decided to go out for tea on their way home. Princess Lollipop was very tired and was in bed by 7.30pm - unheard of!!! So I had a couple of hours to myself. I had a very relaxing time eating biscuits (chocolate would have been better!!) & drinking coke, and caught up with some of the programmes I have saved on the Sky+ box. When Mr Messy and Drama Teen got home they both had a lot of work to do so went off upstairs to do their homework and editing - guess who did which lol. So I was able to carry on watching my saved programmes.

I was just about to get ready to go and collect Little Prince when I got a phone call from school!! "Hello Mrs X, I've got Little Prince here after the Disco" "What?? I thought it didn't finish for another 10 minutes?!?!" "No sorry it finished 20 minutes ago!" "OMG!! I am so sorry!! I'll be there in a minute!!" I threw myself into the car and broke one or two land speed records driving up to school and was there at the gates moments later. I was panicking that Little Prince would be in a complete state, as his worst nightmare is being forgotten or left behind :-( However, he was stood chatting with his class teacher and seemed quite chirpy!! I apologised profusely and gave Little Prince a huge hug. His teacher said not to worry and then went on to tell me about Little Prince's bartering for a drink!! He had run out (more likely lost!!) of money but wanted a packet of crisps, so he asked if he could swap a cup for a bag of crisps - they let him for sheer audacity :-) He had a couple of glow bands with him, but we noticed that he also had "glow band juice" on his shirt, and the bands were very chewed so I had to take them off him, I was surprised at how little fuss he made over that!

It was over an hour past his bedtime by the time we got home so he went straight upstairs with Daddy and went to bed. Mr Messy spent the evening coming down for a quick chat and then rushing back up to his office to get more work done. During one of his "visits" downstairs Little Prince appeared too, he said he couldn't get to sleep, but had obviously been asleep for a while. He was also very upset that he had a headache, so I gave him some Calpol and got him back in bed. Drama Teen came down an hour or so later and asked if Little Prince was due any more Calpol as he was complaining of a headache, we said no he couldn't have any yet, so she just took him the drink she'd promised him. We didn't hear from him again in the night, but the next morning Mr Messy had to actually wake him up, which is absolutely unheard of!!!


Anonymous said...

Awww, sounds like he was a bit poorly, is he feeling better now? Hope it wasn't the glow-band juice!! Glad he enjoyed his disco :)

Love love love!

Janet said...

He went to school and then had a great swimming lesson, but he says his head feels a bit owie still. And he is very tired :-(

Anonymous said...

Awww :( Poor boy :( Give him lots of big huge hugs from me and I hope he feels better soon. Did he get his email?


Janet said...

No email received?! Sorry.
Love love love

Anonymous said...

Argh! I'll go find it, I'll be really annoyed if it got lost, I spent ages writing that!


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country


Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006