Thursday 14 October 2010

Thursday

Mr Messy has a Dentist appointment this afternoon so he is working from home both today and tomorrow. He had an early morning conference call to take, so wasn't able to take Little Prince to school as he went up to OUR shop early to get set up and ready for his call. So I took Little Prince and then called in at the Post Office to collect some parcels that I had got a card through the door for the other day. It turned out to be Mr Messy's new Kindle case that he had been waiting for and a new Winter coat from Ebay for Princess Lollipop. I then waited for the post to arrive, it came at about 10am and yet another card was put through the door!!! I was a bit miffed as I had waited in specially to get the parcel I was expecting, so I got me and Princess Lollipop ready for work and drove off round the village to find the Postman and see if he had my parcel on his bike! He didn't!! It was too large for him to deliver and he'd left it at the Post Office, so we trailed BACK to the Post Office again to collect this parcel!! The Post Mistress must think I'm losing it!!!

Once we had all our deliveries safely in our hands we set off for OUR shop. I managed to park right outside for long enough to drop off the large parcel, Princess Lollipop and our lunches. I then went to park my car, I can't stay outside the shop as there is a 1 hour parking restriction on the High Street. Once I got back to OUR shop, I found Mr Messy had already set up the printer we bought last night and was exploring today's delivery! It was a label printer, that we are going to use to make card price tags, to stick on the wall below each photograph so that clients can see instantly how much everything is. We don't want to be like some photographers who hide their prices until its time to order your prints/enlargements and then the clients find they can't afford them. We want to be upfront, open and honest with our pricing as we feel it better serves our clients and our prices are reasonable for the superb quality of photographs/mounting/framing we offer. Unfortunately the separately ordered cards for the label printer didn't arrive, so we still can't display our prices!

During the morning the lady who had called in the other day, who wants Mr Messy to perform some "surgery" on photographs of her late husband (taking other people out and just leaving herself and her husband) called in to chat to him about it. When he had sorted out with her exactly what she wanted to do with them, he took Princess Lollipop to the nearby Bakery to get a sandwich and some cakes for lunch :-) I could hear Princess Lollipop shouting "Bye bye Mummy. Bye Bye Nee Naw" all the way down the street lol. And I knew when they were coming back as I could hear her shouting "Mummy Mummy" on the way back lol.

Mr Messy had to nip back home to brush his teeth as he had forgotten to bring his toothbrush with him, and you have to brush your teeth before seeing the Dentist! Just as he left another lady from the other day returned, this lady has a picture of her late mother she wants enlarging to "poster size" I'm not sure what we will be able to do with it as she didn't bring the negative or digital file, just a regular snapshot! I've taken her contact details and I'll get Mr Messy to ring her and chat about what he can/can't do and what sort of price he will charge, when he returns.

Princess Lollipop had gone down for her nap just before Mr Messy left, and she is still snoozing away, so I've got the time and opportunity to update my blog :-) She has started wriggling a little so I probably haven't got much time left before she is up and at 'em again :-)

No comments:


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006