Saturday 13 November 2010

Saturday

Mr Messy had to go and change his hire car early this morning so I had to get up and get the littlies ready so I could drop Drama Teen off at OUR shop. I couldn't put off dealing with Princess Lollipop's hair so I had to bath her and condition it despite her protests. She hardly cried at all when I did her hair, this new shampoo and conditioner is really suiting her hair. Its suiting me too, not having to try and comb through her hair with her screaming her head off and trying to crawl her way up me and out of the bath.

I had almost got her ready when Mr Messy rang to say he was all finished at the car hire place and would be back in time to pick Drama Teen up and they'd go down to OUR shop together. So me and the littlies stayed home again. I'm glad we did as I got a phone call from Little Sis to ask why I didn't reply to the text her husband sent yesterday. Well as usual I either hadn't noticed I'd got a text or my phone is dead in my handbag! Apparently they'd texted to say my newest niece had been born!! OH WOWOWOWOW :-) Both Mum and baby are doing well, and all the big siblings are loving the new arrival :-) Congratulations to you all :-)

Well what is an Auntie supposed to do when she finds out she has a new niece?? Go shopping of course :-) So as soon as Little Prince had finished watching his Horrible Histories programme and Princess Lollipop had had her nap, we went out shopping :-) I saw the perfect outfit in the first shop, but they didn't have all the bits in newborn size!! So we tried three other shops, where none of the clothes lived up to the "almost outfit"!! So I took the littlies for something to eat instead, and then we drove over to OUR shop. Once again Little Prince got over excited and we had to leave pretty quickly. Mr Messy and Drama Teen shut OUR shop soon after (it was almost 5pm!) and drove over to the nearby town to buy a new 22" monitor for Mr Messy's photo editing computer. He is moving his editing computer to OUR shop, so that he can get on with his editing during the day instead of in the evenings, maybe we'll have more family time now (fingers crossed).

By the time Mr Messy and Drama Teen got home I was completely stir crazy and needed a break desperately. Not that I got one Drama Teen made herself something to eat and disappeared up to her room, and Mr Messy didn't respond when Princess Lollipop started shouting for something to eat. So I threw a big tantrum and took her to the dining room to feed her, while feeling all sorry for myself.

No comments:


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006