Thursday 11 November 2010

Thursday

I'm going to have to start getting earlier nights, as it was so hard to get out of bed again! Princess Lollipop's hair was very "poofy" this morning, but Little Prince begged me not to bath her and comb and condition her hair, as it makes him cry when she's so sad in the bath. He's such a sweetie :-) And with the new shampoo and conditioner I've been using it has been getting easier for her and the rest of us! I was running late so I agreed we would condition and comb her hair tomorrow instead.

I managed to get quite a few jobs done this morning, but as usual when I try that we were on the last minute getting to school! That meant that I didn't get chance to talk to Little Prince's teacher. Little Prince was chatting to me last night and told me they had a talk in class about The Children's Society, which is a charity that supports underprivileged children and those in care. This prompted Little Prince to tell the class his whole life story (the reasons why he was removed from his birth family, what happened next etc)!! He doesn't yet understand the differences between private and secret!! And that once his information is "out there" it can't be unsaid, or taken back. I rang school and asked if his teacher could ring me back when she got chance. I got to speak to her later in the morning, and explained my concerns that Little Prince doesn't entirely get the concept of privacy, and that he has "over shared." She explained that he had spoken of his own accord and it was completely in context with what they were discussing, and that he had been very calm and composed when speaking. That's all well and good but I would have preferred it if she could have redirected him before he told everyone his whole life story! She did say she spoke to the class and told them it was private information and not to be talked about with everyone, and if they had any questions to talk to her or Little Prince. I'm not 100% happy with her response, but there's not much I can do after the fact and I don't want to make a big fuss and have Little Prince thinking there's something shameful about his story. Its a hard thing to balance - answering Little Prince's questions about his background as honestly and fully as he needs, but trying to explain that some things are just his information and shouldn't be shared. He hasn't "got" that bit yet!

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful, probably due to the foul weather putting people off coming out and visiting our shop! I picked Little Prince up from school and told him he couldn't have his friend D round to play as we were going to the supermarket (I had told him that morning, so that he didn't arrange any friends to come and play!) he was a bit upset, but not too bad. We went straight round to the supermarket, chose a present for his friend J's birthday party on Sunday. The party is at a local Bowling Alley, I hope he can cope with not winning every game and doesn't have a huge meltdown during the party!! And we also picked up all the other things we needed, before visiting the nearby fastfood restaurant for tea. After wrangling two littlies all round the supermarket I didn't fancy getting home and starting cooking. Little Prince must be the only kid around that complains about going to this place!! He was happier once we were there and he had his meal though. There was another family across from us, one parent and one child had dwarfism, Little Prince noticed and was a lot more polite and subtle about noticing than I thought he would be! Although I did have to remind him that pointing was rude!

When we'd finished eating I rang Drama Teen to let her know we were on our way, and we drove home. Princess Lollipop almost fell asleep on the journey, but luckily she didn't as she then wouldn't have gone to bed till very late! Drama Teen, her friend JP and Little Prince put all the shopping away for me, while I got Princess Lollipop ready for bed. Little Prince was tired so he decided to go to bed early too, and read some more of his Harry Potter book. I'm beginning to wonder if he realises that he can read it in other places than just bed!!

Mr Messy had called round to a work colleague's house after work, to discuss their shared family history. The wife started working at the same offices that Mr Messy works at, and has the same name as me, so they started chatting and found out that her husband and Mr Messy were cousins :-) We have a fairly unusual surname, so people with the same name are generally related somehow!! Anyway Mr Messy wasn't due home till late in the evening, and once the littlies were in bed I had the downstairs to myself, as Drama Teen and JP were going to watch Mulan, but then changed their minds and watched 10 Things I Hate About You instead. Bearing in mind that JP is male lol, he did say he was getting used to being bossed about by girls at my house - Princess Lollipop orders him around too!!

It was quite late when Mr Messy returned home, so we had a quick chat before going straight to bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor JP! He's a very patient friend lol At least I don't boss him around...or I don't think I do...he did just say that "you don't mess with LMS" so I'm not sure LOL

LMS
xoxo

Janet said...

lol I know what you mean about JP :-) You must boss him around too lol
xxx


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006