Wednesday 17 November 2010

Tuesday

Another slow lazy start to the day as Mr Messy got Little Prince to school and then drove over and opened up OUR shop. Princess Lollipop and I got ready at a leisurely pace and went up to OUR shop when we were ready. Its lovely to spend our days with Mr Messy and Princess Lollipop is loving having her Daddy around more :-) Although they do make a lot of noise and mess about in the shop!!

OUR shop was pretty quiet all day, we only had a few visitors. One of which was Mad Cat Lady with some different trunks for display in our shop. They are more muted colours and look a little more sophisticated than the bright red tartan ones that we had before. We use them as side tables at either side of the sofa.

I also spent a large part of the day looking online for "shop sized" Christmas decorations. I wanted to find some very large Christmas baubles, so that I can hang about five of them at different heights in OUR shop window. I'm also trying to find a suitable artificial Christmas tree, I want something that looks luxurious but also contemporary and goes with the decor of the rest of OUR shop. I found a supplier of giant Christmas baubles, but I want to go and actually see the Christmas trees before choosing one. Once I've bought that I need to get decorations for that too!! Mad Cat Lady is also going to lend us some vintage ice skates, sledges and skis to use to evoke the spirit of Winter in OUR shop too. As the interior decorating is my department I'm looking forward to having a change over :-)

Mr Messy left OUR shop at lunchtime to go to a photoshoot for a charity single. He did realise that he'd forgotten his mobile phone, and when he checked he wasn't needed till later in the afternoon, so he came back to OUR shop for a while before leaving again.

After shutting up OUR shop I drove over to collect Little Prince from school. As usual he wanted a friend to come over and so we brought Y home with us too. The boys played very well together and seemed to be being very sensible (notice I said "seemed"!!). They asked if they could take the huge Lego box upstairs to play in Little Prince's bedroom, I said this was ok so long as they tidied up after themselves. That was the bit they didn't manage so well!!! When their pizza had been put in the oven I told them to tidy up and looking at the state of the room when I took Little Prince to bed, I don't think they did any tidying at all!!

Mr Messy came back after Y had been collected by his Mum, he had really enjoyed the shoot. I got Little Prince in bed with very little fuss, but Princess Lollipop was once again a different story! She had fallen asleep next to me on the sofa in the late afternoon and so she wasn't tired until late in the evening! When we finally got her to sleep we had chance to have our tea, as we only have the small grill oven working still we ate pizza. But it was ready while I was still getting Princess Lollipop settled in bed, and so mine was cold by the time I got to it :-(

After me and Mr Messy had eaten our tea we relaxed together watching our annual obsession of I'm a Celebrity on tv, followed by trying to catch up on the episodes of Criminal Minds we have taped.

No comments:


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006