Tuesday 21 December 2010

Tuesday

As usual Mr Messy took Little Prince to school and then went to OUR shop. I stayed at home and had a lie in with Princess Lollipop and then we had a quiet morning. Well the bathing wasn't quiet as Princess Lollipop objected loudly, but the rest of the morning was pretty quiet. I decided that I had to pull my socks up and get on with Christmas!! So this afternoon when Mr Messy brought Drama Teen home from college (she finished early) I got her to look after Princess Lollipop while I got on with writing my cards (finally!!). Her Boyfriend arrived not long afterwards so the pair of them babysat in the lounge while I frantically wrote cards in the dining room. Drama Teen and Boyfriend walked up to school to pick up Little Prince from school, so that I didn't have to spend ages defrosting my car (its stayed frozen solid all day!) and so that Princess Lollipop could stay inside and warm :-) When they all got back they looked after the littlies for me while I finished writing/addressing all the cards. Little Prince sat with me and chatted after he'd got fed up with what Drama Teen and Boyfriend had on TV. He told me all about his school Christmas party today, he'd had a great time :-)

When I'd finished writing all the cards, me and Little Prince put all the cards we received on display on the bookshelves in the hallway. Its the only Christmas decorations we've got up so far, but its a start!! Mr Messy had arrived home, so Drama Teen and Boyfriend had scampered upstairs to watch a film they wanted to see, leaving Princess Lollipop with her Daddy. I got on with making the littlies tea while supervising Little Prince doing his jobs - emptying the dishwasher and crushing the cans and putting them in the recycle bin. He whinges about doing it, and needs supervising, but it is still a great help :-) By the time they had finished eating it was too late for me to put mine and Mr Messy's tea on, as he had to drive Boyfriend home, which takes an hour! We are both getting increasingly fed up with the fact that Boyfriend's family refuse to do any of the ferrying him back and forth, and as the village is very poorly served by public transport, that it is ALWAYS us doing the driving!

I got Little Prince and Princess Lollipop settled in bed while everyone else was out, and I snuggled under a couple of blankets on the sofa and watched an episode of Ghost Whisperer. When they got home Drama Teen prepared herself one of her microwave pasta meals that she is addicted to, while I cooked for me and Mr Messy. It was about 10pm by the time we finally got to eat!!

No comments:


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006